December 3, 2011

Textured Table Rug

Textured Table Rug

Materials:

size F crochet hook
2 skeins sock yarn

Note: I intended to make a very long table runner to drape over the sides of the table. But since my table is very small, I ended up creating a runner that was just barely too wide, so I fastened off sooner than intended. And instead of attaching the fringe to the starting ch row and final row like I had planned to do, I ended up attaching it to the sides of the piece . It's up to you how you want to make yours, but I thought I should point that out.


Pattern:

Ch 42.
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 3, turn (counts as first dc of next row).
Row 2: Skip first st. Dc in each st across. Ch 4, turn (counts as first tr of next row).
Row 3: Skip first st. Tr in each st across. Ch 1, turn.
Row 4: Sc in each st across. Ch 1, turn.
Row 5: *(Sc in next 4 sts, sc in st beneath next st), repeat from * to last 4 sts, sc remaining sts. Ch 4, turn (counts as first tr of next row).
Row 6: Skip first st. Tr in each st across. Ch 3, turn (counts as first dc of next row).
Row 7: Skip first st. Dc in each st across. Ch 3, turn (counts as first dc of next row).
Repeat rows 2-7 until piece measures near to desired length.
Repeat rows 7 and 2 before fastening off.
Add fringe.



Enjoy. =)


Printer-friendly PDF


(Additional Note: The coasters that are inside the bowl in the photo were knitted using this awesome pattern: Drip Mug Rug)

No comments:

Post a Comment